Saturday, January 19, 2013

You don't say!

So I am up late as usual and I caught the tail end of an episode of the Rachel (I'm a lesbian can't you tell) Maddow show.  She happened to be doing a piece on the growing limitations on abortions and abortion access in several of the states.

The piece goes on to talk about the difficulties faced by the employees and the legal and physical challenges (threats) they face simply for exercising their "consitutional rights".

That's funny to me because it is the same crowd that wants to restrict explicitly stated constitutional rights or remove them altogether when it comes to firearms in the hands of private law-abiding citizens.  Abortion isn't a right per se but like other medical procedures it is your right to privately choose to undergo the procedure.

Freedom! but not for you because I disagree with you!


No comments: